This recipe serves four.
- 1 onion
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- ½ leek
- 4 smallish potatoes
- 30 medium sorrel leaves
- 60 land cress leaves
- vegetable stock
- 1 to 2 tbsp single cream
1. Chop the onion and leek roughly, crush the garlic and sauté them all in the oil.
2. Add the peeled chopped potatoes and the washed leaves of the herbs (no need to chop these)
3. Put them in enough water to cover, plus a vegetable stock cube or bouillon powder.
4. Put a lid on and simmer gently until the potatoes are soft.
5. Turn the heat off, liquidise and add the cream (optional of course).
This soup has a very fresh flavour. That’s due to the sorrel and the taste of it came through really well. Add more land cress if you want a more peppery flavour.