A heart warming autumnal treat, serve with hot buttered bread.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 500g chopped venison
- 1 large chopped onion
- 8 new potatoes halved
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped winter savory
- 100g freshly picked blackberries
- 1 tablespoon marmite
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan and brown the venison, add onions, garlic, winter savoury, marmite and 500 ml of stock.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in potatoes cook until tender, add blackberries then Combine flour and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir into the stew to thicken slightly, simmer for 5 minutes and serve with warm buttered crusty bread