A tasty indulgent little treat to keep the kids quiet. This quick recipe has a wonderful fresh lemon flavour and is perfect to enjoy with a cup of tea!
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemon balm
- 2 whisked eggs
- 110g self raising flour for creamy icing (optional)
- 150g soft cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add chopped lemon balm leaves
- Add the whisked egg to the mixture. Slowly fold in the self-raising flour and spoon the mixture into paper cases sitting in a bun tin.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until risen and leave the cakes to cool
- For icing combine soft cheese, lemon zest and icing sugar in a bowl
- Decorate the cupcakes with creamy icing, sit back and enjoy.