- 1 ¾ pints horehound leaves stems and flowers
- 1 pint water
- 1 ½ lb sugar
- 4oz butter
- Simmer the horehound in the water for half an hour and then strain.
- Add sugar to the liquid and keep simmering until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the butter and boil until you can drop a little of the mixture into a saucepan of cold water and
- it forms a soft ball.
- Pour into a shallow buttered tin.
- When cool, score the mixture into squares.
- Once hard, break into the squares and wrap each piece in greaseproof paper.