Skip to content
- 1 large leek
- 350g button mushrooms sliced
- 500g potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- squeeze of lemon juice
- small bunch dill chopped
- 125g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml potato cooking water
- puff pastry
- Cover the potatoes with water, bring to the boil and simmer until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, halve the leeks and then slice them – rinse to remove any soil.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan and sauté the leek until soft, before adding sliced mushrooms.
- Add wine, salt and plenty of pepper and put lid on pan and leave to cook for 10 mins.
- Drain the potatoes and retain the water.
- After 10 minutes, stir flour into the leeks and mushrooms and continue stirring whilst you add 100ml of the potato cooking water. The mixture will thicken.
- Add potatoes and mascarpone – stir until cheese has melted. Then check the seasoning.
- Add a squeeze lemon juice and the chopped dill.
- Transfer to dish and cover with puff pastry. Brush the top with milk or beaten egg and cook at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.