- 300g Puy lentils
For the mint pesto:
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 lemon finely zested and juiced
- 2 large handfuls mint (common or moroccan).
- Cover the lentils in a pan with plenty of water, bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put the pesto ingredients (minus the lemon juice) together into a mixer or pound with a pestle and mortar: leaving a bit of texture to the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain the lentil and add the pesto whilst they are still warm and mix.
- Serve immediately.